Success is yours for the taking! H.G. Molenaar is a leading international supplier of machinery and services to the food and beverage industries. We pride ourselves on delivering the latest professionally integrated technology – backed by friendly, full-service support. We believe that our success can be attributed to the collaborative efforts of a culturally diverse group of people working across the globe. Our manufacturing site, based in Paarl, South Africa, employs professionals and technicians in the areas of:
- production control
As an experienced professional or a well-qualified graduate, H.G. Molenaar’s extensive experience, forward-thinking approach to innovation and worldwide presence, offers a rich and rewarding career path.
Success driven growth has created the following vacancies in:
We are looking to employ an efficient, self-motivated and experienced Bookkeeper + Stock Administrator at our Videojet offices in Paarl.
The successful candidate must have:
- A financial qualification
- 10 years relevant experience – Accountant to Balance Sheet
- Have strong financial and costing experience
- Experienced in doing transactions in foreign currency is essential
- Former work experience in a manufacturing environment will be highly beneficial, must at least understand the manufacturing environment
- Must be analytical, a problem solver, able to prioritise, multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Highly computer literate with advanced Excel skills, experienced on ERP systems (SAP, Syspro, we use Qmuzik)
The successful candidate will among others be responsible for:
- Assist with budgets
- Fixed asset register (leased machines & Unlimited Protection Plan) admin
- Management of stores personnel’s functions
- Preparation and submission of payment pack for creditors
- Purchasing processing & “ad hoc” purchasing
- Liaise with suppliers & freight forwarders
- Co-ordinating & processing of bi-annual stock takes – March, April, Oct
- Manage weekly cycle counts in all locations and sort out queries
- Manage inventory expiry
- Bookkeeping Australia
- Bookkeeping Mauritius
- Ad hoc reporting as needed
We are looking to employ an experienced, innovative and highly motivated person to fill this Paarl based position
The successful candidate must have:
- Grade 12 with maths + Accounting
- Tertiary qualification: Costing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Stores supply chain management work experience
- Experience in an engineering manufacturing environment
- High level of numeracy
- Strong admin skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working on ERP systems
- MS office (advanced Excel)
- Ability to conceptualise, develop and implement stock supply chain policies & procedures that meet company objectives
- Ability to think analytically & laterally within the stores & manufacturing processes
- An assertive, strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills – fluent in English & Afrikaans
- Strong planning, organising, co-ordinating & problem solving abilities
- Ability it think on one’s fee and at times multi-task
- Healthy customer service awareness
- Teamwork approach
- Flexible and willing to work longer hours if required
The primary tasks include:
- Catalogue stock levels – Evaluate, set & maintain adequate stock levels through the MRP systems
- Monthly SOH valuations per Bulk Store
- Report Stock variances monthly & YTD
- Report stock management interventions
- Manage stores stock counts, process variances & publish results
- Kick-off ad hoc stock variance prevention measures
- Manage QMuzik part master & stock catalogue
- Detect stock valuation price variances
- Report and prevent all “stockouts”
- Initiate stock replenishment orders for local and imported catalogue stock items
- Process ad hoc on request stock adjustments during the month
- Process stock write-off/scrapping transaction
- Process stock recovery/salvage transactions to match existing BOM requirements
- Work closely with operations manager & procurement officer
- Change Management – Manage all stores staff, measure productivity, develop & implement sustainable self-managed stores workflows
- Stores housekeeping – Audit stores housekeeping disciplines and processes & establish high level of organisation in stores & prevent clutter in stores, maintain lean stock holding
- Service delivery – Provide excellent stores service to other divisions through accurate and effective processing of stock requests
- The person should have a strong sales background especially in prospecting, cold calling and canvassing.
- Minimum 5 years successful field sales experience to industry
- Technical knowledge required, but only to a level of understanding technology in machinery very similar to printers, copiers, conveyors etc.
- Some existing and referred customers will be passed onto this person, but main responsibility will be cold calling, bringing in new clients, and growing the area allocated to them.
- Should have own transport.
- Large amount of local travel involved.
- Work environment will be mainly manufacturing plants, factories, packaging plants etc.
- Grade 12 School qualification, computer literacy and good administrative skills are required
Interested candidates should send their CV’s & copies of qualifications, for the attention of Deirdre Conway (indicate position applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org HGM reserves the right to not fill these posts at this time. If you have not been contacted within 21 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.